Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happenings

What a year it has been!  I just wanted to add some pictures of things we have been busy with this year.  Since I last posted, it has mostly just been day to day stuff.  Work is so exhausting...I ususally don't want to get on the computer or do much of anything.  David and I went home for Christmas, but I forgot the camera.  The beginning of the year brought some changes, but mostly the same ole stuff.  Anyway, I know that everyone would rather see pictures than read my ramblings...so here goes!

David's Oma (Myrle Swicegood) came to Utah to visit in March and we went down to Moab/Arches National Park.  She is 80 something and totally wore me out...she's great!

This was a crazy gas station that David saw on a trip down to the desert somewhere in Utah.  It is in the side of the mountain.

Aaaahhhhh...Miramar Beach, FL May 2010

We actually went down to Florida with my sister Emily's family.  This is my husband David playing in the sand with our nephews Isaak and Brett.

That baby melts my heart...those cheeks!  He loved the beach and had two handfuls of sand at all times.
Jack-May 2010

Not a great picture of me, but it was the only one we got together...sista's!

Pool Fun-Brett

Handsome lil' man in his hat.  All the boys had hats for the trip except Jack.  He kept stealing Danny's.  David and I found one at Target for a dollar.  It was so cute!

Love these boys!  They enjoyed the sidewalk chalk on the back patio at the condo.

Danny, Emily, Isaak, Brett, and Jack Hatcher after a round of Mini Golf.

They made it so fun!

And then we came home this little bundle of joy...Roma Lynn Messervy.
She is the newest member of the Ford Clan...we love her so much already.  She was such a good baby (at least while I was home).

We went camping at Mt. Cheha State Park with David's family...fun times!

After David came home to Utah for school, I got to stay in Bama for another week and a half.  I must have lost my camera because no more pictures were taken.  I had such a wonderful time seeing baby Roma being blessed at church, visiting with Sara and her family, and spending time with my mom and dad.  I already miss everyone tons.

Good news though...David and I are moving to Rolla, Missouri in a few weeks.  I am madly trying to find a job and he is finishing up on his classes.  He is transferring to Missouri University of Science and Technology.  He will continue pursuing his undergraduate degree in Geological Engineering.  He should be done December 2011.  We will finally be done with college at the age of 30.  I am excited to move there because we will be 9.5 hours away from our families.

MST Miners...this is hilarious.  A miner with surveying equipment and a rock hammer.  I am only comforted by the fact that David will be an Engineer when he is done.  Hopefully he won't look like this though...you never know, I guess.  HA!


Well, I guess that is enough catch-up for now.  I will keep everyone posted on our whereabouts.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love the post! It's so great to see you on here! We love and miss you too! Good luck with the move and we hope to see you soon! We'll let you know about the plans for next summer's trip! :)

Jennie said...

FINALLY, you posted! (j/k) We love you both and are sooo excited that ya'll will be a little closer. Wish you were coming to Gatlinburg! I'm going to call you this afternoon.

Lacy said...

HA...I also just noticed the miner has a pistol in his holster! What?! Why would a miner/engineer need a gun? Scary!

Kim said...

Yay for a new post. I hope this means that you will start doing this often! I'm still mad you're moving away. David could just commute couldn't he?

Sara said...

To shoot those renegade mine dwellers. Blasen wants a gov't job just so he can carry a hand gun. Boys! Anyway, glad to see you posting...do it more often...please.

Rachael M. said...

I guess you live in Missouri now! I MISS EVERYTHING!!!

Post a Comment