Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Updates

We are now living in Rolla, Missouri.  We arrived on Monday, August 9, just in enough time to set-up our utilities account and pick-up the keys to our apartment.  We chose this apartment online and signed a lease through email/fax.  I was very apprehensive, but we really had no other choice.  The apartment is very different from our last but, we have made it home.

David is fully engaged in his classes at Missouri University of Science and Technology(MS&T).  I am adjusting to life in a small(er) town.  I am also adjusting to a new job.  It was a long process but, I finally received a full-time position at MS&T as a department secretary.  I am enjoying it so far and I am learning a lot.  This university is mostly made up of aspiring engineers.  I did not know that there were so many different disciplines within the engineering field.  The department I am working in is for all freshman students who are planning on declaring an engineering major.  There are 15 different disciplines of engineering that these students can choose from after completing general courses their first year of school.  David is pursuing his second bachelors degree in Geological Engineering.  It is a perfect fit for him and his interests.  His department just so happens to be in the same building as mine.  He doesn't have any classes in this particular building but, he does homework and studies there very often.  It is nice to see him at least once a day at work.

Our ward here is surprisingly large.  Coming from Utah we were expecting a much smaller congregation.  We were happy to see some many families and students attending our ward.  The ward boundaries are quite large.  I have received a calling in Primary as the CTR 3 teacher.  I typically teach about 4 boys.  They are challenging and lots of fun!  David received a calling in Elder's Quorum as a teacher.  We are still getting adjusted to our new ward family.  It will take some time to get to know everyone.  It is harder especially now that I am in Primary.

We(mostly me) are very excited to be so much closer to our families.  It will make our visits a little more frequent and our stays a little shorter.  We are looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving.  This will be the first Thanksgiving home since being married.  The 9-9 1/2 hour drive is not very bad at all.  It is much cheaper and much shorter than flying with Southwest.(although I will miss the cheesy jokes and peanuts)

I will post pictures of our new home.  I hope you enjoy the update and photos.

Front of Apartment

Back of Apartment

Entry

Bedroom

Upstairs Bathroom

Office

Living Room

Kitchen

Laundry Room

Downstairs Bathroom


7 comments:

Kim said...

So glad to see an update! Seems like things are going well. We miss you. We were walking by your house last night and Zac was wondering who was living there. Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving at home!

Emily said...

I really like your place! I hope you have a great time over Thanksgiving and we will see you at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you guys are finally getting settled :) Your apartment is super cute!! I miss you like crazy!!

Jeni said...

I love to see pics of people's homes and I'm SO glad you got that job. I think last I talked with you you had just interviewed for it. Have fun in Bama over Thanksgiving. If David's leave gets approved, maybe we can see each other in passing. We plan on being in Bama as well for a few days and I'd love to see you!

tracyp said...

I can't wait until it's a bit warmer... (except that won't be until March) or sooner so we can get together. (at the moment Stella needs to be bigger!) and we can see you! Glad y'all are settled in, a girl from my ward goes to school there but I don't think she's attended church since she left home.
(her name Amelia Sipe) Good luck with the callings and jobs!

Melissa said...

So glad to see that you guys are settling in. I'm still bummed out that we missed each other by about a month. It would've been fun to see you. I hope you enjoy your time at home for Thanksgiving!

Sara said...

I know this is way late...but don't complain about your apartment. It's nice. I know it may be cold, but you aren't snuggled up under ground anymore. You've made it very nice and cozy looking. It could be a lot worse.
It was fun seeing you over Christmas. Hope you're back in your routine now.

Post a Comment